18 Jan Review in production cycle high pressure casting system
The general technological advance in the world of industry are particularly important in the ceramic sanitary ware field, where the high pressure casting technology development represents surly binding way to follow by an increasing number of manufacturers all over the world.
The high pressure casting technology was established several years ago with regard to the previous experience and applications simultaneous with success in the tableware field.
Recently, the most updated studies and developments have reflected the exigency to present valid solutions be able to satisfy the requests of sanitary ware producers concentrated on the following crucial points:
- Limited financial investment;
- High production flexibility;
- Low occupied surface;
- High cycle automation;
- High quality production standards;
TE. C.’s choice has concentrated to the single or double mould system able to guarantee the highest production efficiency through an optimized cycle.
This solution has made it possible to keep down investment costs with considerable levels of automation especially dedicated to the handling of casted dedicated to the handling of casted pieces.
The development of the HPCM100 casting unit is joined to the objective to minimize the downtimes in all stages of the production cycle by managing in the right way the automatic operations, guarantee by the machine and the de-moulding robot and the manual interventions made by the worker mainly in the finishing phase. The solution given by SE.TE.C. foresees a multi units production area (see the enclosed lay-out) properly equipped with three HPCM machines served by a single robot and automatic storage and transportation system. The three presses are managed fully independently and synchronized with an automatic supervision system able to memorise for every casted piece the following information:
- Code of machine/mould used to cast the piece;
- Density of slip;
- Temperature of slip;
- Date, time, production cycle
All these data are collected in a remote control unit which analyses them for statistics or other data management systems.
HPCM100 is especially designed for the production of ceramic articles by using two part moulds type.
It has been realized by adopting the most advance technological solutions, it is capable of guaranteeing high level qualitative performances, and putting this new product like a valid alternative solution in the sphere of a medium-high market area. The machine is suitable to produce sanitary-ware items in vitreous-china or fire-clay body by hollow or thickness with micro-porous resin mould having single or double print according to the typology and sizes of casted products.
The press is adopting the horizontal casting position able to supply greater guarantee and advantages for demoulding particular parts, liable to deformation.
- Installed moulds:
It is constituted by one hydraulic cylinder (stroke max. 550 mm.) enslaved to one oleo dynamic system complete of one pump with adjustable flow, equipped with electro valves, block valves, pressure switches, control thermostatic switches and maximum proportional precision valve with electric control equipped of pressure.
Transducer analogical output type suitable for compensation transducer analogical output type suitable for compensation system of pushing force in according to the internal pressure of mould.
- Slip circuit:
It is completely realised with distribution stainless steel pipes and it is equipped with the following components:
- Pneumatic membrane pump by 2” for low Pressure filling of moulds;
- Pressure tank with capacity 90 1t. realised in stainless steel.
It provides to the high Pressure casting phase through the gradual introduction of compressed air;
- Set of pneumatic valves realised in stainless steel equipped with position sensors;
- Auxiliary circuits
The press is equipped with all the service circuits necessary to the correct functioning of pressure casting operations:
- Compressed air circuit: it is fed by one proportional valve that manages all the pneumatic organs engaged in the different working phases. It is composed of two different branches:
- Low pressure (up to 6 bar) for feeding the electro valves package of pilotage
- High pressure (up to 16 bar) for feeding the circuits tied to the manage of casting phases, mould’s filling and emptying, pieces’ hardening and mould’s washing
- Water circuit complete of electro valves’ package equipped with control pressure switch;
- Empty circuit constituted by one liquid ring pump having range max 50 m3/h complete of analogical vacuum gage and digital empty sensor.
- Sloping system
The press is inclinable on one angle equal to 15˚ in order to facilitate the surplus slip evacuation. It happens through mean a second hydraulic cylinder having the stem edge anchored to the upper fixed head of machine’s structure.
- Electrical plants
The unit is provided with an electrical box where assembled all the managing and control devices as::
- PLC for automatic managing of working cycle
- Contractor and rele`
- Cards of interface
- Terminal board
Separately, it has been installed one pulpit containing all the electro pneumatic components (valves, electro valves, pressure switch, air regulation group etc…) as well as the operative panel “touch screen” for indexing the working parameters.
- Temporary slip storage tank. It is considered for keeping suspended and for heating the necessary slip to feed the casting unit HPCM100.
The heating system is usually constituted by hot water at 70˚ to be fed inside the double wall (it is already predisposed in the storage slip tank) (The water heating is at customer’s charge)
The machine is supplied complete of automatic system for temperature control, with pressure switch by point directly to settle by PLC.
On the lid is usually installed the probe for automatic control of slip feeding to the storage tank (at customer’s charge)
The main advantages given by this technological solution are;
- High production flexibility
- Low financial investment
- High production efficiency
- High automation level
- Limited occupied surface
- Low manpower
- High Production standard quality
“ This article has been presented by Roberto Anselmi “